This article discusses how to join an unadvertised (hidden) wifi network, since the usual Scan method of joining a network will not work.
- Get the exact settings for your wireless network. You'll need the SSID or network name, the encryption type, and the password. Here's an example from a Zoom brand router.
- On the mobile device, launch the Summit Client Utility.
- In the Profile tab, tap New to create a new profile. Type a name for the profile. This doesn't have to exactly match anything, but a descriptive name is recommended. Tap OK.
- The profile name you just entered appears at the top. In the "Radio:" list at left, make sure SSID is selected, then fill in the exact Network Name (SSID) in the field just to the right. This is case sensitive and must exactly match.
- In the "Encryption:" popdown, select the encryption type that matches your router setting.
- If there is one, select the EAP type and tap the Credentials button to enter any required authentication info.
- Tap the "WEP keys/PSKs" button, then enter your Pre-Shared Key or network password.
- Tap the Commit button to save the profile changes.
- On the Main tab, change the "Active Profile:" popdown to your new profile. The Status: line should go to Associated, which indicates a successful connection. If that line cycles from Associated to Not Associated, then back, that indicates the password or encryption is incorrect, and will need to be corrected on the Profile tab.