The high-resolution cameras in iOS devices give detailed photos, but the large file sizes can cause sync timeout problems if too many photos are sent at one time. The number of photos that cause the problem varies depending on file size, network speed, and possibly other factors.
There are a number of workarounds, with varying tradeoffs in time & complexity.
- Auto-sync after each asset edit.
- Manually perform a full sync after a smaller number of photos, say 20.
Note: The following workarounds require more care to correctly match photos with their assets.
- Instead of taking pictures in MobileAsset, take them with the built-in Camera app, transfer them to the PC, optionally scale them to a smaller size, then use the MobileAsset PC client to attach the photos to the asset.
This article talks about some picture-scaling workarounds with the help of third party apps:
- Use Camera Plus Pro to take pictures at lower resolution, then attach the lower-resolution files in MobileAsset.
- Use the built-in Camera app, use one of the mentioned third-party apps (Resizer, Resize Your Pictures) to make the pictures smaller, then attach the lower-resolution files in MobileAsset.