MobileAsset v7 installation on the WPA1000:
- Clean boot the WPA1000.
To do this:
- Hold both trigger buttons on the sides of the device and keep them held.
- With a straightened paperclip, press the Reset button (on the back of the device) for a few seconds, then release it. Keep holding the trigger buttons; the screen will be dark for a few seconds.
- The screen will light up with the blue Wasp boot screen. Keep holding the trigger buttons.
- The device will continue starting up and will change to the green Windows Mobile Direct Push Technology screen. At this point you can let go of the trigger buttons.
- You should hear a sound effect that confirms the Cold Boot.
- Navigate to weblink.x, located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Wasp Technologies\MobileAsset\Services\Downloads\
- Right click on weblink.x and select Open With from the menu. Open the document with Word Pad or other word processing software.
- Edit the file to read http://[your IP]:10006/Downloads/
- Use the regedit command to access the Registry and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wasp Technologies\MobileAsset\Options.
- Right click on Options, then select New > String Value. Type Enable Mobile Legacy Set Up in the new string field.
- Enter the value Yes for the new string.
Now, in MobileAsset, the Mobility menu will display Windows Mobile/CE Setup (Legacy).
- Make sure the WPA1000 has the SD card in it.
- Connect the clean WPA1000 to the computer through Windows Mobile Device Center or Active Sync. (Note: wifi is not yet enabled on the mobile device so it must be connected to the computer).
- In MobileAsset, select Mobility > Windows Mobile / CE Setup (Legacy).
- When prompted on the mobile device, select SDMMC to send everything to the SD card. When prompted to restart, choose Cancel.
- After all files have been sent to the device, open MobileAsset v7 on the device. Keep the device connected to the computer. At the MA7 login screen, enter the following information:
Service URL: http://[your IP address]:10008
- After you have connected to the MobileAsset database and downloaded all information, close MobileAsset on the mobile device. Unplug the WPA1000 from the computer and enable wifi by selecting the icon in the bottom, right corner.
- Close everything on the WPA1000. In the very right, lower corner of the device screen (to the right of the keyboard icon), there is an icon that is partially hidden. Click on that icon and tap Enable wifi card.
- On the WPA1000, navigate to Start > Settings > Connections tab > Wireless Manager > Menu. Select wifi and click Connect.
- The Network Name and Internet screen appears. Click Next.
- A screen appears displaying Authentication: WPA2-PSK and Data Encryption: AES. Enter the Network Key, then click Next.
- Click Finish, then click OK to close the dialog.
- Now MobileAsset 7 is installed and can be used via wifi on the WPA1000.