Before printing to a Bluetooth printer from any WinMobile device, you may need to edit the printer configuration file with your port and BAUD rate. The configuration file defaults to COM1 and BAUD 9600. If your printer uses a different port or BAUD rate, you will need to update the configuration file with information specific to your printer.
Instructions for editing the configuration file:
- On the machine to which you have connected the device, open the Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC).
- Select the option to Connect without setting up your device.
- Select File Management.
- Select Browse contents of your device.
- Select \.
- Select Program Files.
- Select MobileAsset.
- Locate the file a_PrinterConfig.txt and drag it to the desktop.
- On your desktop, right click on the file a_PrinterConfig.txt and select Properties. Make sure Read Only is NOT checked.
- Open the file a_PrinterConfig.txt with Wordpad or Notepad (or other word processing software).
- Edit COMPORT to the port your printer is using.
- Edit BAUD to your printer’s BAUD rate.
- Save the file and drag it back to the same MobileAsset folder on your mobile device. Make sure you select Copy and Replace when prompted.