Labeler v7 crashes when changing the font for a label object.
To resolve this issue:
- Download and extract http://dl.waspbarcode.com/wasp/supportfiles/Labeler7Fonts.zip to a directory that will be easy to get to in a command prompt window, like C:\Temp.
- Go to Start > Run and enter cmd.exe.
- In the command prompt window, change the directory to the folder where the files were extracted: cd \temp.
- Run the first file with this command: wpffixfonts.exe
If it does not respond with:
then it needs to be run a second time. This fixes registry issues with the fonts, and will usually solve the crash issue for Labeler.
If Labeler still crashes after the above has been done:
- Go back to the folder and run wpffontload.exe.
- In the new window that opens, click Test Load.
- If it has not given a crash message after a few seconds, click the drop down arrow.
If it displays a list of fonts, it has completed successfully.
If it does crash, look at the fonts.txt file created in the folder, and the last font listed is the one causing the error in Labeler, and is likely corrupt.
If you know that font is not needed, you can delete it from C:\Windows\Fonts. We would recommend either copying the file out of the directory before deleting it, or Zip a copy of the whole directory as a backup, just in case.