Labeler: Error: Missing values in Labeler when using external data source
- Labeler drops leading 0s from numbers.
- Alphanumeric values not printing.
- Alphanumeric values not showing up in the Data view.
In the folder where your data file resides, Labeler creates a file named SCHEMA.INI that tells it how to deal with the data from the external file. Open that file with Notepad, and it will probably read something like the following. FileName.CSV is the name of the file Labeler is connected to.
1. Add two lines to what you find, the ones with MaxScanRows and CharacterSet. Do not change the other lines. Save the file.
2. In the external data file, insert 1 row at the beginning with some text in it. It could be the name of the column, or even something as simple as a single letter.
3. Close and reopen the label file. Labeler should read that column as text and no longer strip the 0s from the beginning of the numbers, or drop data.