If you are installing InventoryControl v7 or MobileAsset v7 from a download, the SQL Server 2008 installation may fail with error:
The following error occurred:
The action type 'ExecuteWorkflowAction' is not valid for the WorkflowIdentity element. The only valid action type is ExecuteWorkflowAction.
Error result: -2068709375
Result facility code: 1202 (might also say 1201)
Result error code: 1
To resolve this issue:
*Note* For Windows 10 and Windows 8, we highly recommend installing SQL 2012 Express (see article in Related Pages below). This will also work on Windows 7 if you'd like, but if you still want to use SQL 2008 R2, continue with the rest of this article.
We will need to extract the SQL installation from the downloaded file and run it separately.
Your downloaded file should have the file extension ".exe" at the end of the filename. If not, you will need to configure Windows to show file extensions. If you are unsure how to do this, do a web search for "view file extensions" and your version of Windows. For example, "view file extensions Windows 7".
- Find or redownload the installer (InventoryControl7.exe or MobileAsset7.exe).
- Right click it and select Rename. Change the .exe to .zip: InventoryControl7.zip or MobileAsset7.zip. If it is in a folder called Downloads, move it to another folder, like C:\Temp, due to installation problems with the Downloads folder.
- Open the zip file, then right click and Copy the SQLExpress2008R2 folder, then paste it into C:\ to extract the folder.
- In C:\SQLExpress2008R2, double click WaspManualInstall.bat to run the SQL Server 2008 Express installer. This batch is built to install SQL with no prompts, so just allow it to run. Eventually, all windows but one command prompt window will close, and that remaining window will read "Press space to continue".
- After the above is complete, rename the downloaded installer from .zip back to .exe, then run the installer. It will find the existing SQL and will use it for the database.