After installing Inventory Control there are a few basic steps to follow to set up the database.
1. Create a new user in Administration>Security that has all the privileges of the default Admin user. Log out and log back in under that new user name.
2. Supply at least a Company Name in Administration>Company Info, along with any other data you wish to record about your company (address, etc.) This information will be used in some of the report headers.
3. Refer to the built-in Help file's topic called "Import into Database" if you want to import inventory data from external sources. Steps 4 through 8 can be skipped if you intend to use the Import feature.
4. Set up at least one site and at least one location at that site. You can do this by clicking on the New button and then clicking on Location. Fill in the appropriate information and click OK.
5. Set up any suppliers that you may have. Again, click on the New button and select Supplier. Input appropriate information and click OK. (This step is optional.)
6. Set up any manufacturers that you have. Click on New, select Manufacturer, and input the information for each manufacturer. (This step is optional.)
7. Input customer information by selecting Customer from the New menu. Customers can be added at any time from the Mobile Inventory/Inventory Control program on the computer. (This step is optional.)
8. The last preparatory step is to input items. Click New and Item. If the item needs to be tracked by Serial Number, Lot Date Code or Pallet or you intend to require PO or Supplier Adds, or Customer name for Removes, it should be set up at this time. (At least one item must be created.)
9. After all items have been put into the item list by creating new items, then the inventory can be created. Click on the Inventory icon and more icons will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click the Add icon. Type or scan in the item number, specify a Location, the quantity, and any Tracked By or Required fields chosen for that item at the time the item was created. Click the Add icon. All Adds go into a pending transactions box. Once all inventory has been added, click on the Pending Transactions tab. If all transactions are acceptable, click Commit. If they are not, those that are unacceptable can be deleted and re-added. Once all transactions are correct, click Commit.
You can later Check-out, Move or Remove quantity for any Item that has been Added.
Refer to the built-in Help file's topic called "Import into Database" if you want to import inventory data from external sources.
We also have available training videos for this product:
Inventory Control Version 6 & 7 Training:
For an extended tutorial on how to use our Inventory Control program please watch this video, and if possible, follow along with your PC.
This video is designed to go over the majority of the program's features and give you an overall feel of how to use the program as well as its capabilities.
If you feel that you want more in depth training you can schedule a time with our training department for some extensive one-on-one learning. Please contact email@example.com or call our Sales Department at 866-547-9277, option 2 for details on pricing for the one-on-one training sessions.