The software allows you to apply Daylight Savings Time to all timecards in your system.
If Time Sync Setup (see Related Articles below) is set to automatically synchronize the time clock, and synchronization was performed over the weekend, there is no need to apply daylight savings time for employees that were clocked in at the time the clock was synced.
If the following applies, use the Daylight Savings Time Screen to process daylight savings time:
- The clock was not automatically synced over the weekend
- The clock was manually updated during working hours on Monday morning after employees have already clocked in
1. Download the existing punches from the time clock
2. From the Main screen, select Tools > Process Daylight Savings Time. The Daylight Savings Time screen will appear:
3. Select the Time Zone to which you want to apply Daylight Savings Time.
4. Select whether you want to process Daylight Savings Time Start or End. By default, the usual date for DST beginning and end will be displayed here. You can change the date or time, if needed.
5. A list of employees will appear at the bottom of the screen. This list displays all employees in the selected time zone who show an IN punch on their timecard when the adjustment occurred will be shown. If you have created groups (ex. Salary, Hourly, Temp, etc.), you can filter this list by groups. When you click Filter Groups, the following screen appears listing all groups in your system:
Select individual employees to apply the DST changes to by clicking on the checkbox in front of his/her name, or, apply DST to all listed employees by selecting the checkbox at the top of the grid.
Note: If some employees have punched in after the clock time was updated, uncheck those employees on the list before clicking Apply Changes.
6. Click Apply Changes when you have made your selections.