Only AssetCloud supports RFID today
Did we supply the tags? If not:
- Do the tags have barcodes? If not, you probably can’t help them.
- Ask if they are hex or ASCII. If they don’t know, they need to find out.
- Make sure the Scan Parsing routine is set to properly decode the tags.
- If they are mounted on metal, are they metal-mount tags? If not, they need to get new tags.
Do they have RFID enabled?
- In the browser, under Mobility, do they have the RFID Configuration option? If not, RFID is not enabled in their tenant.
On the mobile device:
- Do they have an integrated or attached UHF RFID reader? The internal RFID reader used for pairing will not work. It is a different technology.
- If the RFID icon does not turn amber:
- In AssetCloud, under Settings, make sure they selected the proper reader?
- You may need to reboot the mobile device.
- Start the AssetCloud app.
- On the desktop, under Mobility, select Scan Parsing Configuration.
- Replace the information there with the information in Scan Parsing for Hex RFID or Scan Parsing for ASCII RFID whichever is appropriate.
- On the desktop, make sure that assets have been created using the IDs in the RFID tags. Note their location.
- On the desktop, in Settings, under Mobile, make sure that Scan Parsing is enabled.
- On the mobile device, start the AssetCloud app and log in using the same credentials as the desktop.
- On the mobile AssetCloud app, Select Settings.
- Press Download.
- Under RFID Rule, select appropriate RFID Rule.
- On the mobile AssetCloud app, select Audit.
- Select a site that has RFID tagged assets.
- Select a location that has RFID tagged assets.
- Set the date.
- Select FIND ASSETS at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Asset Tag field at the top of the screen.
- In the middle of the screen, select the scanner icon. This will turn amber after a few seconds.
- To the left of that icon, touch the dot twice to change 3dB to 30dB.
- Pull and hold the trigger on the reader as you walk around the location. A tag count should show up.
- Once you release the trigger, all of the assets found will be checked.
- Pull the trigger as many times as you need to check all of the boxes.