The automatic item numbers will always count up from the highest active item number. The numbering may be out of order if, for example, you accidentally enter an item number with too many digits.
There is a two part solution to correct this issue:
- In InventoryControl, go to Tools > Options and disable the Automatic Item Numbers option.
- Go to Lists > Item.The Item List will appear.
- On the Item List locate the item numbers higher than the range you want to use and edit them to give them a lower item number.
- On the database server machine, download https://dl.waspbarcode.com/wasp/supportfiles/ResetAutomaticItemNumberIC6.zip and extract it, then run Update.bat.*
- In InventoryControl, go back to Tools > Options and re-enable Automatic Item Numbers.
Note: If this script does not work as expected, there are probably deleted objects retained by the database that are disrupting the calculation. Contact Wasp Support for assistance with resolving this.
*Enterprise users will need to edit ResetAutomaticItemNumber.wql to supply the correct server\instance name and the password if InventoryUser has been set to use something other than the default.
This same file will work for both v6 and v7.