This article's screenshots and procedure were made with MacOSX 10.9.2 (Mavericks). You will need the printed Quick Start Guide, User Manual, or the pairing document from Additional Information (below) for the configuration barcodes.
- With the scanner, scan the following configuration barcodes from your printed documentation:
- On the Mac's BlueTooth menu, Open Bluetooth Preferences.
- The scanner shows in the list of devices available to to paired. Select the scanner, then click its Pair button.
- Later scanner models don't require a PIN code. If you don't get a PIN code on the Mac screen, skip to step 5.
If the Mac shows a PIN code, scan these configuration barcodes:
• Scan Start Pin.
• For each digit in the code shown on your screen, scan the corresponding barcode. Note: The code is randomly generated, so enter the code from your Mac screen. The code below is an example only.
• Scan Enter.
• Scan Stop Pin.
- When the scanner connects to the Mac, a transparent Connected notification shows briefly.
- The scanner should show as connected in the pairing list.
- Test the connection. Launch TextEdit or another application that accepts text input, and scan a barcode (don't use a configuration barcode). The data in the barcode should appear as if typed by a keyboard.