MobileAsset v7: Mobile App Installer Fails to Download CAB Files
If the mobile application installer fails to download the CAB files, check to make sure the weblink.x file contains the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) of the server. If it does contain the FQDN and the CAB files do not install, delete it from the weblink.x file and replace it with the server's IP address.
To Edit the weblink.x File:
- On the machine where the MobileAsset database is installed, navigate to the location where you installed MobileAsset (the default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Wasp Technologies\MobileAsset).
- In the MobileAsset folder, select Services > Downloads. You will see a file named weblink.x.
- Right click on the file weblink.x, then select Open With.
- From the Open With menu, choose WordPad or other word processing software. The weblink.x file will open displaying the FQDN entered during installation, followed by the port number.
- Correct the FQDN or remove it and enter the computer’s IP address. The format should be http://<IP ADDRESS>:10006/Downloads/
- For example, if your IP address is 10.1.1.10, it should read as follows: http://10.1.1.10:10006/Downloads/