Data formatting example:
Scanning a UPC-A barcode scans in as 13 digits. I want to drop the first 4 numbers, send the next 8, and drop the last one.
1. On page 32, scan Enter Setup. On page 31, scan Disable in the Convert to EAN13, then Update at the bottom. That will stop it from adding the 0 to the beginning. Then scan Enter Setup on page 32 again, then Disable on Checksum Transmission and Update on page 31. That will strip the final digit.
2. On page 36, scan Enter Setup, then Enable Format 1, then scan Update on page 35.
3. On page 36, scan Enter Setup. On page 37, scan Format 1. On page 39 scan 2 for Total Number of Fields. On page 41, scan EAN13 No Addon for Applicable Code Type.
4. On page 42, scan Field Length. On page 49, scan 0 3 Validate.
5. On page 43, scan Field Length. On page 49, scan 0 8 Validate.
6. On page 48, scan Start, Field 2, End, End of Format Programming. On page 47, scan Update.
This article applies to the WWS 800 & WWS 850 scanner.