- Unplug the device's USB cable from the PC
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > expand and uncheck all components of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 (don't reboot yet)
- Go to Programs & Features and uninstall WMDC Driver Update (if it's there) and WMDC.
Automatically close applications if prompted.
- Look in Task Manager.
If wmdc.exe and/or WMDHost.exe are running, end process on them. Then look in C:\Windows\WindowsMobile.
If there are still folders & files there, delete them.
If you can't delete some of them because they're in use, move them to the desktop (or somewhere else out of this folder). After the reboot step below, you can delete those moved files.
- Download and extract this file:
Copy the Datalogic device INF files to C:\Windows\system32\Drivers.
- Reboot the PC.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > expand and check all components of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.
- Reinstall WMDC as admin.
- Run WMDC.
- Turn on device, plug it in.
If it's not recognized or Windows says it malfunctioned, warm boot, cold boot, clean boot until it's recognized.
If Windows wants to restart after installing drivers, do that.