The prefix is one or more characters that are sent before the barcode data is sent. The suffix is one more characters that are sent after the barcode data is sent. By default, there is no prefix, and the suffix is Carriage Return (or Enter) key. Page numbers below are from the Programming Reference Guide. You will need to print PDF pages 54, 271-272 (the page numbers on the printed pages are different).
The WDI4600's Product Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide can be downloaded here if necessary:
- Using the ASCII Chart (inside back cover, PDF page 283), determine the 2-character code(s) for the character(s) you want to set. You can set up to 20 characters in the prefix, and up to 20 characters in the suffix.
Some commonly used character codes:
00 = no character (scan this to completely erase the prefix or suffix)
09 = HT = Horizontal Tab = Tab
0D = CR = Carriage Return = Enter
- Scan "Enter/Exit Programming Mode" (top of printed page 44, PDF page 54).
- Scan "Set Global Prefix" or "Set Global Suffix" (printed page 44, PDF page 54).
- Scan two barcodes corresponding to your two-character code(s) you found in step 1. These barcodes are in Appendix D, Keypad, printed pages 261-262, PDF page 271-272.
- Scan "Enter/Exit Programming Mode" two more times (or only once if you are specifying 20 characters).
- Wait a moment while the scanner resets.