Windows print driver for WPL Label Printers (see below for full list of models). This driver is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
Click on the link below or copy the link to your web browser:
Installing the printer
- Turn on the printer, wait for the status light to display green, then plug its USB cable into the PC. After Windows installs its USB Printing Support driver (seen in Devices and Printers under Unspecified), the printer is ready for driver installation.
- Run the downloaded file, which extracts the drivers and runs the DriverWizard. You will see references to Seagull Scientific, Inc., which is normal. Follow the prompts to upgrade an older driver, or install a new driver.
- If there is an older version of the driver installed, the DriverWizard can upgrade in place. Reboot the PC if prompted. After you log back in, it may prompt to reboot again; please do so. When you log in again, it should confirm removal of the old driver(s).
Calibrating the printer
After installing your printer it will need to be calibrated. Follow the steps below to calibrate
1. Download the Diag Tool from the link below then unzip the file
2. Once you have unzipped the file, run the diag tool.
3. Click on Get in the bottom right and corner, don’t worry about the information that populates the boxes.
4. Click on the Calibrate Sensor on the left.
5. Click on the first Calibrate button in the bottom left
6. It should feed out 2 to 3 labels. Click on Get again. This time Look at Paper Width. By default it will be 4.00. Change this to match your label size
7. Change this to match your label
8. Click on Set in the bottom right.
9. Click on Print Test Page on the left. It should print correctly on one label.
Changing driver settings
Once it has been calibrated you will need to set your driver size.
1. Open the Control Panel on your computer. (Do not use Windows Settings as this does not allow you to change the printer’s default settings.)
2. Find your printer and right click on the printer and choose Printer Properties (4th on the list)
3. Click on the Advanced tab at the top of the screen
4. Click on Printing Defaults at the bottom of the screen
5. The first tab is Page Setup. Stock, the default is 4” x 6” click on the drop down box to change your label size.
6. Once you have selected your label size click Apply, then OK. Click on the General tab and then click on Preferences.
7. Make sure you label size is correct
If it’s not correct, change it to the correct size and click Apply then OK. Once you click Ok it will take you back to the General tab. Click on Print Test Page. It should print one label.
Below is the full list of printers supported by this driver (sorted by number). All entries are for the standard 203 DPI print head, unless otherwise specified.
WPL-305 (includes WPL305E)
WPL308-300 (300 DPI print head)
WPL308-600 (600 DPI print head)
WPL-608-300 (300 DPI print head)
WPL-610-300 (300 DPI print head)
WPL612-300 (300 DPI print head)
WPL612-600 (600 DPI print head)
WPL614-300 (300 DPI print head)
WPL614-600 (600 DPI print head)
WPL618-300 (300 DPI print head)
WPL618-600 (600 DPI print head)
WPL-644 (600 DPI print head for WPL608, WPL610, WPL612)