With MobileAsset v6, when performing an audit using a mobile device, the asset list shows the asset IDs, but the descriptions are missing, identical, or otherwise wrong.
What is listed is actually the Asset Type description, not the Asset description.
- Download the attachment MobileAssetPPC.CAB.
- Replace the same-named file in the following location:
64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wasp Technologies\MobileAsset\PocketPC\CABs
32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Wasp Technologies\MobileAsset\PocketPC\CABs
- Connect the mobile device to the PC.
- Synchronize any existing data from the device.
- Go back to the step to resend the program to the device.
- When checking the mobile device screen for messages, tap OK or Install, whichever option you happen to have.
- Repeat until the procedure completes.
- Create the mobile database and send it to the device.
- If you have multiple client PCs that are used to update a mobile device, perform this procedure on them as well.