The port the mobile device uses for InventoryControl RF can be changed on the PC to resolve port conflicts for the WaspInventoryWindowsService. When the port is changed, the ServiceInfo.config file on the mobile device must be changed to the new port.
Changing the mobile device's port for InventoryControl RF
1. Connect the device to the pc using the cable.
2. Browse the files on the device using ActiveSync > Explore or Windows Mobile Device Center > File Management > Browse the contents of the device.
3. Look in \Program Files\InventoryControlRF. Copy the file ServiceInfo.config to the PC.
4. Use Notepad on the PC to edit the file. It will currently look like example 1 (the server name and the port number) or example 2 (the server IP address, port number, the server name and the port number)
5. Change the port from 10005 to the new port number.
6. After editing the file with your new port, copy the file back to the device with ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center, overwriting the file on the device.
InventoryControl Error: Mobile device is unable to contact the InventoryControl server through RF