For the full procedure, in the AssetCloud Help, go to Home / Web Operation / Administration / Import Data.
AssetCloud's import page allows you to download import templates one at a time. Download a full zipped set of import templates here:
Note for Basic edition users: Only one Site is allowed, so there is not an import step for sites.
If desired, Wasp offers a paid data import service.
- Importing is a multistep process; some later steps rely on certain prerequisite data imported/entered in earlier steps. The import templates are numbered in the proper order.
- It is not necessary to perform every import step that is available.
- Each import step must be done with its own CSV file; the process will not work using a single master CSV file.
- It isn't strictly necessary to perform an import at each step; alternately you can manually enter data for one or more steps (such as when there are only a few entries to be made).
- When you do perform an import step, the prerequisite field values must already be in the database; if not, you'll receive errors. For example, if you start with a later import step like Assets, the prerequisite Asset Types are not in the database, so you'll receive the error "invalid Asset Type".
- It is possible to update existing Employees and Customers (or Staff and Students for the .EDU edition) via the import process. On the import page, when selecting the Form Name of 5-Customer or 7-Employee, a checkbox appears "Only update existing records". However, other lists are not updateable via import; if attempted, there will be errors.
- In the Map Columns section, an asterisk * after a field name indicates it is required.
Complete List of importable Asset fields (as of April 4, 2017)