Note: This article applies to the WPA1000 model only, not the WPA1000-II model. See below for that model.
This procedure wipes the memory completely (program and data) and will clear a device password if one has been set.
- Hold both trigger buttons on the sides of the device and keep them held.
- With a straightened paperclip or similar, press the Reset button (on the back of the device) for a few seconds, then release it. Keep holding the trigger buttons; the screen will be dark for a few seconds.
- The screen will light up with the blue Wasp boot screen. Keep holding the trigger buttons.
- The device will continue starting up and will change to the green "Windows Mobile Direct Push Technology" screen. At this point you can let go of the trigger buttons.
- You should hear a sound effect that confirms the Cold Boot.
- The device's memory is wiped out, so any software and database that might have been on the device earlier will need to be reloaded.
For the WPA1000-II model, see this article:
How to manually clean boot the WPA1000-II