WPA1000-II Clean Boot Procedure
*This procedure wipes the memory completely (program and data) and will clear a device password if one has been set.
- Hold both trigger buttons on the sides of the device and keep them held.
- With the stylus (or a straightened paperclip or similar), press the Reset button (on the back of the device) for a few seconds, then release it. Keep holding the trigger buttons; the screen will be dark for a few seconds.
- The screen will light up with the blue Wasp boot screen. After a few more seconds, you should see Cold Boot across the bottom of the screen. At this point you can let go of the trigger buttons.
- The device will continue starting up and will change to the "Windows Embedded Handheld" screen with a row of small squares.
- You should hear 2 "plink" sound effects that confirm the Cold Boot.
- The device's memory is wiped out, so all software and databases installed on the device by the user will need to be reloaded.