This article discusses SQL account usage and password changes needed when a user wants to use their own custom passwords for the SQL accounts used by InventoryControl or MobileAsset.
The SQL account sa is used when:
1. Creating or patching the database. The EnterpriseDBInstaller utilities can be used to specify the custom password.
2. Managing MobileAsset databases with the Database Manager utility. A custom password can be specified here.
The SQL accounts InventoryUser and AssetUser are used for communication between the SQL database and the PC Clients, and the Windows Service for each application.
The SQL accounts InventoryReader and AssetReader are used by the ODBC connection used by Labeler, and by the Crystal Reports viewer (for running reports).
1. PC Client registry needs DatabasePassword updated with encrypted InventoryUser password
2. SQL accounts (InventoryUser, InventoryReader) need new passwords set
3. ODBC connection needs InventoryReader password
4. Wasp Inventory Windows Service needs the InventoryUser password entered, and the service restarted. Use the "Change Configuration Settings.exe" utility in the Services folder. This service handles mobile device communication.
5. InventoryControl Web needs encrypted password updated in web.config file.
1. PC Client registry needs DatabasePassword updated with encrypted AssetUser password
2. SQL accounts (AssetUser, AssetReader) need new passwords set
3. ODBC connection needs AssetReader password
4. Wasp MobileAsset Windows Service needs the AssetUser password entered, and the service restarted. Administration on left, Service Configuration on right. This service handles mobile device communication.
5. MobileAsset Web needs AssetUser password updated in web.config file, in cleartext. Leave the $$ characters intact; they are not part of the password.
6. SQL database WaspConfig, Tables, dbo.application_databases:
column db_update_password: encrypted AssetUser password
column db_read_password: encrypted AssetReader password
If you need to use custom passwords, Wasp Tech Support will need your desired passwords so we can generate and send you the corresponding encrypted passwords.