For WPL printers that have a USB Type A port that will accept a USB memory stick (e.g. WPL308, WPL614, WPL618), this procedure describes how to save a dump of a print job for troubleshooting purposes.
1. Right-click the following link and save it on your PC's drive (if you left-click, the file's contents will display in the browser window):
2. Copy the downloaded file to a USB memory stick.
3. Prepare to send the print job, but don't click Print just yet.
4. Turn off the printer.
5. Insert the USB stick into the printer's USB port.
6. Turn on the printer. After a moment, a message appears on the screen saying Dump Mode. This will appear for 30 seconds.
7. While the Dump Mode message is on the screen, click Print to send the print job. The printer will not print any labels at this time; instead it is saving the print job to the USB stick.
8. The USB stick can be removed from the printer (there is no need to power off the printer first) then inserted into the PC.
9. There will now be a file on the USB stick called Dump.TXT that can be opened in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and/or emailed to Tech Support.