Click the link below for instructions about setting up custom reports in AssetCloud:
See also Related Pages below for additional articles on editing reports/labels.
Note: Wasp Tech Support's scope regarding customizing reports is limited. Support agents do have some knowledge of simple procedures. Wasp does offer fee-based custom report service if you'd like to have some one build your report for you. To start that process, contact our Sales team:
US-only Toll-Free: 866-547-9277, option 2
US Direct: (+1) 214-547-4100, option 2
UK Direct: (+44) 0845 430 1971
1: Where are the custom fields stored?
This depends on what kind of field it is. Page 6 lists the relevant Data Sources for different field types (in the form Sp + field type + ViewsWithCustomFields):
2: Where are my custom fields in the data source?
If you can't see your fields, you need to execute the data source (page 6, step 3 in the PDF above) so the list is updated.
3: Not all fields are available on all reports.
If you can't find one, we can verify whether it's available. If it's not, we will evaluate that field's usefulness as a possible feature enhancement.
4: For text objects on a report, when they can be multiple and/or variable number of lines, it's best to set these boxes in the Behavior property in the following way:
Can Grow: checked
Can Shrink: checked
Grow to Height: not checked
5. Changing the barcode symbology (type) in Cloud report designer:
- Start the report designer on the report or label you want to edit, e.g. Asset Tag or Item Number Label.
- Click to select the barcode.
- At the lower left, make sure Properties is clicked.
- In the left Properties pane, set the Bar Code Type to your desired type. The default is Code 128 Auto which is a commonly used 1D type. Common 2D types would be DataMatrix or QR Code.
- Don't forget to File, Save when you're done editing.