How to adjust the Inter-character delay on a WWS450 scanner
Inter-character delay is the amount of time that the scanner waits between sending characters. The default of 0 milliseconds can be too fast; for example, Macs often read the characters out of order. To change this value, scan the following configuration barcodes from the user manual.
1. Enter Setup (from odd-numbered pages).
2. Inter-character delay (Section 4.1.4)
3. Each individual digit of your desired speed in milliseconds. I suggest starting with 10, which is still fast but won't overwhelm the host computer (Appendix II, Decimal System).
4. Validate (Appendix II, Decimal System).
5. Update (from even-numbered pages).