One or more of the following:
• The WPL Printer Driver Wizard says it completed, but the "completed successfully" list is empty and no printer is actually installed.
Note: Make sure you're using an up-to-date version of the driver. Version 7.3.x is compatible with 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP. Version 7.1.x is only compatible with Windows XP.
• The Print Management utility refuses to remove a print driver package, saying it's in use. No printer is using the driver. Multiple reboots have been performed. Note: Print Management is not included with Home/Standard editions of Windows.
• Print Management's Drivers Inf Path column is blank for a driver. The Driver Version column may be blank.
Corruption in the Windows registry.
Delete the print driver from the Registry:
- Launch Registry Editor (regedit). Navigate to and expand out the following registry path:
64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Print | Environments | Windows x64 | Drivers | Version-3
32-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Print | Environments | Windows NT x86 | Drivers | Version-3
- In the left pane, right-click the print driver, Delete, Yes.
- Collapse the Environments key and expand Printers just below it. Full path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Print | Printers
- If your printer is there, right-click it, Delete, Yes. If your printer is not there, go to the next step.
- Click Start, type "services.msc" into the search field, then Enter.
- Double-click Print Spooler. Click Stop, wait, then Start to restart the service.
1. Print Management is available on Pro or higher editions of Windows (but not Standard). It can be found in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, or run printmanagement.msc