Troubleshooting when the scanner beam does not appear:
- At the > prompt, press and hold the CMD key until the main menu appears.
- 8.SET (setup)
- Under the word SCANNER it shows the current setting, either ENABLE or DISABLE.
- Use the right arrow key --> to change the value to ENABLE
- Press the ENT key four times until back at the <SYSTEM SETUP> menu.
Test the beam. From the main menu:
- 1.TERMINAL MODE
- Press the yellow scan button.
- The scanning beam should appear. If it doesn't, that indicates a hardware issue which would require repair.
- Press ESC to return to the > prompt.