InventoryControl, MobileAsset, or WaspTime Client gets error when trying to log in (or error is logged by the service of one of these products:
Database was not found... (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 28 - Server doesn't support requested protocol)
Enable the TCP/IP network protocol in SQL Server Configuration Manager:
- Start, All Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, Configuration Tools, SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- On the left, expand "SQL Server Network Configuration".
- Click on "Protocols for WASPDBEXPRESS" (or other instance name).
- In the right pane, right-click on TCP/IP, then click Enable.
- A message appears: "Any changes made will be saved; however, they will not take effect until the service is stopped and restarted." Click OK.
- On the left, click "SQL Server Services". In the right pane, right-click "SQL Server (WASPDBEXPRESS)", then Restart.
If this doesn't solve the problem, consult Wasp Technical Support for assistance.