There is not a built-in way to move (or Mass Update) multiple assets to another location at one time, but here is a workaround to accomplish this goal.
- Select one asset, then click the Move button in the toolbar. (Move will be grayed out if more than one asset is selected.)
- Use Filter or Custom Filter (Simplified or Advanced) to find the desired assets.
- Put a check in the items you want to move.
- Specify the Destination Location.
- Click the Move button.
If a custom filter is difficult to set up, here is a method of simplifying the selection of desired assets:
- Make a custom field visible/usable.
- In the Asset List, select multiple items you wish to move. Shift-click for a range; Ctrl-click for single items.
- Do a Mass Update of your custom field to a value such as "move".
- Follow the procedure above (single asset/Move button), then create a custom filter for Custom Text X = 'move'.
- Select All button, Move button.
- Mass Update those assets so that Custom Text X is no longer "move", for the next time you do this procedure.