When you have a Windows Mobile/CE device connected to a PC via a data cable, and you are attempting to install MobileAsset v7 to the device, you receive an error:
Wasp Mobile Device Communication Wizard
Mobile files do not exist on the device. Check License Server in registry setting and make sure the asset service is installed.
- The PC where the Wasp MobileAsset Windows Service is installed (the WMWS PC) is where MobileAsset's mobile device components are stored. (See Related Information below about WMWS.)
- On MobileAsset PC clients, this registry location stores settings:
64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wasp Technologies\MobileAsset\Options
32-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wasp Technologies\MobileAsset\Options
- The License Server value in the registry should contain the PC name (or IP address) of the WMWS PC.
- Determine whether WMWS is installed. If it's not installed, it needs to be. (See Related Information below about WMWS.)
- On the WMWS PC, determine whether WMWS is started, in the list of Windows Services. If it's not started, it needs to be.
- On the MobileAsset client PC that the mobile device is connected to, check the registry setting mentioned above. Make sure it specifies the WMWS PC name (or IP address), and if not, update it.
MobileAsset v7: What is the Wasp MobileAsset Windows Service?