1. Start the Fontware program. This can generally be done by clicking on Start >Programs> Wasp Bar Code FontWare> FontWare.
2. Once in Fontware, click on Tools and select Input. Select Active Application.
3. Click on Tools and select Output. Select Active Application here as well.
4, Select the appropriate symbology from the drop down list. Do not close FontWare.
5. Open Microsoft Word.
6. Type in the information that needs to be barcoded.
7. Highlight the whole string.
8. Push and hold the Alt key and push x. Then release both keys. The string will then be barcoded.