If you have an Enterprise license for AssetCloud (or are using a Demo license), it includes the ability to customize reports using the Design Report button. If you wish to add a sort, that can be done in Design.
Note: You may have to remove some of the grouping for the sort to work. Groups will always sort first; otherwise the report will not make any sense. For example on the Asset by Asset Type report it is grouped by Asset Type Number and then Asset Id. If you try adding a sort by Serial Number, the report will not look any different because of the Asset Id group. Removing the Asset Id group, the report can now be sorted by Serial Number.
- You may wish to first go to File > Save As so you can create a test report to apply your changes until you're sure the changes work as desired. However, if you change one of the default reports and wish to revert those changes, you can also click Reset Report to revert it back to the original design.
- Find the desired Data band (blue) and double-click the text in it. For example, Section8; Data Source: SpAssetInfo.
- At the right side of the Data dialog that appears, click Sort.
- At the upper left, click Add Sort.
- Click the ... button in the "Sort by" field, then find and double-click the desired sort field. For example, asset_tag. Click OK.
- Click File menu, Save. If you had a Report View tab open for the report, close the tab, then Run the report. The data should be sorted by the chosen field. Note that the sort may occur in a subsection depending on what else is on the report.